Friday, December 19, 2014

12 Tags of 2014 - December

Happy Friday Everyone!  I'm here to post my final tag for Tim's 12 Tags of 2014!  I actually made all twelve tags for the first time EVER!!!

I really liked the tag that Tim created for this month.  I have the previously released Reindeer Flight die but not the new Prancing Deer.  I thought about using the older die and creating some antlers with the Branch Tree die but I decided to use the new Angelic die instead and I'm really glad I did!

Here's my tag...

 
I attempted Tim's method for the background on the tag but it didn't work out for me.  I don't have the distress stain sprays so I used Perfect Pearls for the metallic spray and it didn't mix well with the distress paint and my homemade Mini Mister spray stain.  The tag remained sticky after it had dried and it was a little brighter than I liked.  I'm sure there's a lesson on that somewhere in the Creative Chemistry 102 class!!  Although I've paid for the class I haven't watched any of the content so I found out the hard way!!  I went back to the drawing board and created the background by misting the tag with water and then swiping it through Faded Jeans and Brushed Pewter distress stains.
 
The rest of the tag was made based on Tim's tutorial.  I used the Starry Night embossing folder on the Frosted material.  The angel was painted with Antique Linen distress paint. I added Mustard Seed distress glitter to her wings for some extra bling. The trumpet was painted with a Ranger Adirondack Metallic Gold paint dabber. If I had it to do over I probably would have painted her wings with the gold paint instead of using the distress glitter. I sprinkled the rock candy distress glitter on using my thumb and index finger (similar to the way you'd add a pinch of salt to a recipe) since I don't have that type of tea infuser. Walnut distress ink was then used to tone everything down.  Originally I was going to use the word "Joy" on the tag because that's what this angel represents to me. But it didn't seem like enough so I chose "Peace on Earth" and added the Joyful muse token.
 
I'm totally impressed with myself for taking the time to do the actual sewing instead of stapling the Frosted to the background.  I think it's a first for me!  It only took two minutes since my sewing machine was already threaded with the right color of thread.  Had it not been I might not have done it!  It's also a little uneven because I was under the influence of pseudoephedrine for a sinus headache and my hands were shaky!
 
The Industrious Border sticker was in my possession thanks to Paula Cheney as it was in the Collection Folio class kit from her recent teaching trip to Whim So Doodle!  The Frosted material was graciously supplied to me by my good friend Sue. She shared part of the package she bought when we met to take Paula's classes. Thanks Sue!  Sometimes it takes a village to make a tag!
 
And there you have it!  The final tag for 2014!  This will probably be my last post for this year so I want to wish all of you Happy Holidays and may the New Year bring you joy, health and lots of love!
 
Thanks for stopping by!


5 comments:

  1. Love your tag! It's just perfect. Glad I could be a part of the village to help make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely version of Tim's tag here Donna. The angel is beautiful. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and a creative New Year. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, this is beautiful!! Love the angel and the perfect star background. - paula

    ReplyDelete