Tuesday, September 30, 2014

12 Tags of 2014 - September

Popping in to quickly post my September tag for Tim's 12 Tags of 2014!  I had other ideas for applying his technique but since I waited until the last day to do this I had to go with copying his tag.  I LOVED his tag and would have made at least one just like it, anyway, in addition to my other idea.  Anyhoo, as usual I made two so I have one to give away.


I used Willow alcohol ink on my background because I didn't have Lake Mist.  It was a little dark so I put some alcohol blending solution on a piece of felt and wiped it across the surface of the glossy paper and that took off some of the color leaving me with a lighter background.  I used the Botanical Remnant Rubs that Tim used on one of my tags and Life Quotes on the other.  I probably should have more butterflies on each tag but in my haste I made two tags and only one strip of colored paper so I had to spread them out!!  I didn't apply them in the rainbow pattern but added them randomly.  All-in-all it's still a very pretty tag and I loved getting out those alcohol inks!

Also, a big shout of thanks to Cheiron over at Cheiron's Crafty Life!  She held a giveaway back in July and I was the lucky winner of the Daydream stamp set used on this tag!!  Be sure to visit her blog.  She designs for Hero Arts and the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog and her work is fabulous!!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Well done on your very timely win Donna! I love your colours and the butterflies look beautiful spread out too. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the butterflies applied randomly. Congrats on your blog win. Great stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So loved meeting you last week...just a joy! You are more beautiful than your photo! Awesome take here...love the colors!

    ReplyDelete