Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Frilly and Funkie - Get Your Wendy On!

Hello and welcome to another fabulous Frilly and Funkie challenge!  In case you haven't noticed Linda has added some fabulous Wendy Vecchi Studio 490 merchandise to her shop!  There are stencils, stamps, embossing paste and those fabulous art parts!  So to coincide with the new merchandise the challenge theme this time is "Get Your Wendy On"!

For my piece I made some wall art using Studio 490 art parts and stamps.  The face and saying are the first two "Wendy" stamps that I purchased!


The base is a page from a chipboard book.  The background is manila cardstock that I colored with distress stain.  I added stenciling with the Classic Words stencil and then I added distress paint and ink using Tim's Mixed Media stamps.  Unfortunately that pretty much obliterated the stenciled words from being seen in the photo.  I can see them though!  The art parts were tinted with distress stain and then overstamped with more patterns from the Mixed Media stamp set.


The "Wendy-Style" grungepaper flowers were made with die cut grungepaper and then colored with distress inks.  Then I stamped them and, after drying, I spritzed them with Perfect Pearls before curling the petals and assembling them.


The queen's face is a smaller version of the stamp in the Studio 490 It's Face Art set.  I stamped the image on grungepaper multiple times and then colored it with distress ink and distress markers.  The layers of the crown were cut from the extra stampings and spritzed with Perfect Pearls for some sparkle and shimmer!

Once all of the pieces were made I glued everything together with Ranger's Glue 'N Seal.  The saying was stamped on one of the banners from Tim's Tattered Banner's die and then aged with Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain distress ink.  And for the final touch I used some rusted pearly wire for the hanger!

I hope you like my project and that you're inspired to join in our challenge over at Frilly and Funkie! You might win a $25 gift certificate to The Funkie Junkie Boutique! And don't forget to check out all of the other fabulous projects created by my fellow design team members!

Sadly I must also say goodbye as this is my final design team post for Frilly and Funkie.  I'd like to thank Linda for giving me this opportunity.  I've learned so much over the past six months.  I wish I was able to continue with a second DT term but my "other" life is just too demanding right now and something has to give.  I also want to extend thanks to my fellow design teammates for their endless support and inspiration!  But most of all I want to thank all of the Frilly and Funkie followers for the kind comments and blog love they gave!  I hope to come back and visit often!

The following items that I used on my project can be found at The Funkie Junkie Boutique! The boutique offers merchandise at up to a 20% discount from the typical retail price! That's a great deal and you should check it out!!

6 comments:

  1. Firstly, what a fantastic piece Donna! I have always loved the way you play with colour and design and this is a perfect example of that. Putting the face on the dressform is inspired and I adore those flowers.
    Secondly, I'm so sad to see you go but understand it is the right thing for you. You have been a treasured team mate, always full of clever ideas and amazing tutorials and I will miss you being around. Hope you drop by at Frilly and Funkie still when you get chance.
    Wishing you every success for the future, much love, Jenny xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great final piece, Donna. It's been fun seeing all of your clever designs for Frilly and Funkie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna this is a wonderful make, full of tonnes of inspiration and Wendy stuff! You will sadly missed on the team but you have to do what is right for you and in your heart hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete
  4. FUN FN FUN!!!! I always loved that quote! Great coloration too! Love that this is a hanging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun hanging and that sentiment makes me smile. I haven't commented on your work before but I was lurking and you have been a great inspiration. Wishing you all the best and I hope that your other life leaves you some time for crafting and you come to visit us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  6. your paper flowers look wonderful

    ReplyDelete