Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Frilly and Funkie Challenge - Upcycle for Earth Day

Hello and welcome to another challenge for Frilly and Funkie!  The theme for this challenge is Upcycle for Earth Day.  Linda has asked us to use something in our craft project that we would otherwise throw away!

Recently, my niece posted a quote by James Austin to her Facebook page.  The quote was very thought provoking and can have many meanings.  So when I was thinking about what I wanted to make for this challenge I decided to use that quote on my tag.

 
I used plastic packaging for my upcycled element and cut lots of gears using Tim's large die and the smaller movers and shapers dies.  Then I colored the gears on both sides using alcohol inks in bright colors.  The tag was stamped with numbers from the Numeric stamp set in Antique Linen.  I used the spritz and flick technique and then distressed the edge of the tag with Brushed Corduroy ink.  Then it was just a matter of stacking and assembling the die cut gears along with some metal Idea-ology gears and long fasteners.   The quote was added using the new Label Letters.
 
I hope you like my tag!  And I hope you'll join the challenge and post your own upcycled project for us to see!  Thanks for stopping by!
 
The following items that I used on my project can be found at The Funkie Junkie Boutique! The boutique offers it's merchandise at up to a 20% discount from the typical retail price! That's a great deal and you should check it out!! 
 
 


 


4 comments:

  1. Loving that rainbow of cogs and gears. So great to see some non-metallic/grungy ones for a change. And the sentiment is SO TRUE. Brilliant work as ever Donna, hugs Jenny xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tag with it's Spring colors! Great quote too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really cool upcycled, lovethe rainbow colour cogs, they look great and a really great quote too ! Hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tag Donna ! Love the colours of the cogs ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete